Tenants Home

Please ensure that NMC Property are notified of any change of contact details, or persons living at the property which could affect your tenancy agreement.


Please ensure that your rent payment is paid on the date specified on your tenancy agreement.

If a reminder has been issued and the payment still remains unpaid, a charge will be added to your account in accordance with the scale of charges page in your tenancy agreement.


Many properties experience condensation. Please find below useful tips to help prevent this and action you can take to keep it under control.

Condensation can cause dampness and mould growth in your home. This looks unpleasant and can increase the risk of respiratory illness. Ensuring your home is free of mould and mildew is your responsibility as a tenant.

What is condensation?

Condensation starts as moisture in the air, usually produced by cooking, washing, or drying clothes indoors on radiators. When it hits cool surfaces such as mirrors, walls, wall tiles and windows it condenses and forms water droplets. The moist air rises when it is warm and often ends up on ceilings and in upstairs rooms then it forms mould.

Why is it a problem?

Left untreated, condensation can result in mould growth on walls, ceiling, furniture, furnishings, and clothing in cupboards and drawers. It can also affect plaster and cause woodwork to rot.

How do I prevent mould and condensation?

A dry, well-aired home is easier to heat and healthier for you and your family. You can minimise the amount of moisture and condensation in your home by doing the following things:

• Open doors and windows as often as possible when you are at home;
• Open windows or use extractor fans so steam can escape when:
a) Cooking
b) Using the shower or bath
c) Using a clothes dryer
• Wipe condensation off walls and windows when it occurs;
• Hang washing outside to dry;
• Maintain low background heat when the weather is cold or wet;
• Make sure clothes and shoes are dry before putting them away into storage area; and
• If water leaks or spills occur indoors it is important to clean and dry

How can I remove mould or mildew?

• Wash mould or mildew with diluted household bleach (one part bleach three parts water mixed together) as soon as it appears; as it's harder to remove once it's been there a while.
• Open windows to improve airflow while you clean as fumes can be toxic if you do not ventilate as you clean.
• Be sure you do not scrub too hard and remove any paint or varnish.
• Always read and follow the safety messages on household cleaning products bottles before using and wear rubber gloves when handling bleach or similar products.
• Supermarkets also sell products that assist to absorb excess moisture in a room. These products are relatively inexpensive and consist of a small container of moisture absorbing beads or similar and can last for several weeks. Note that these products will not remove mould, but they may help to stop the mould coming back by absorbing excess moisture.


If you would like your Landlord to consider a request to make any changes at the property, ie Decorating, pets, utility supplier changes etc.

Then please ensure that this request is sent to us, in writing, via email or post.(mail@nmcproperty.com) We will then forward this to the Landlord and ONLY upon our written response can any change be taken, if agreed with your Landlord.


Should a problem arise at the property and a repair is necessary, could you please send an email to mail@nmcproperty.com and in the subject line type REPAIR and the property address.

Then in the email itself please provide us with as much information, even a photo (if possible) regarding the fault. This will help us to arrange the correct contractor to attend and deal with the problem effectively.

PLEASE NOTE: If a contractor attends and the fault is found to be a tenant lifestyle issue, ie blocked drains, fat down the sink, baby wipes in the toilet etc, then the responsibility of the contractors costs will be wholly with the tenant and not the Landlord
During the tenancy, the Tenant must follow certain rules and obligations which are usually specified in your Tenancy Agreement. Your Tenancy Agreement specifies your responsibilities and details how you are supposed to treat your rental accommodation. If you do not taking steps follow these rules, you will be breaching your contract and can risk of your Landlord to end your tenancy. If you are not sure of any contents within the Tenancy Agreement, please disscuss with one of our consultants or seek for legal advice before you enter into the contract.

What does Tenant-like Manner mean?

This is a most commonly used expression in the Tenancy Agreement. During the tenancy, you are obliged to act in a “Tenant-like Manner”. To explain this expression, this term was clarified in the court case in 1953 between Warren vs Keen as below:
“The tenant must take proper care of the place. He must, if he is going away for the winter, turn off the water and empty the boiler. He must clean the chimneys, when necessary, and also the windows. He must unstop the sink when it is blocked by his waste. In short, he must do the little jobs about the place which a reasonable tenant would do. In addition, he must, of course, not damage the house, wilfully or negligently; and must see that his family and guests do not damage it: and if they do, he must repair it..” It is the tenants responsibility to keep the interior of the property and its fixtures and fittings in the same working order and condition throughout the tenancy as they found it when they first moved in. The tenant is obliged to report to the landlord any repairs or matters that fall under the landlords obligations. We suggest this is done in writing.


Due to some minor misunderstanding with regards to ending your tenancy, please ensure that you read the following rules when giving notice.

1) If you are on a fixed term tenancy, Notice must be given before the last day of the proceeding month, prior to your tenancy ending. ie Fixed term expires 31/03/2015 written notice must be received by NMC Property before the 28/02/2015.

2) If you are currently on a rolling month by month contract (Statutory periodic) then notice has to be given and received by NMC Property the month prior to move out. ie Intending to vacate the property on the 30/04/2015 notice must be given before the 31/03/2015.

Should you require further clarification then please contact us.